The Mana Deck was created in honor of three art forms. One of them is Cardistry. So in honor of all our Cardists members, we're excited to launch this next contest! The challenge has been staring at you in the face for the past month now. Take a look at the joker and you'll know what your next challenge is! ;)
Create a flourish video that incorporates the Oracle Cut in the middle of the flourish. The Oracle Cut is a Sybil Cut variation ending with an Angel display. We trust that you already know these basic flourishes, but if you don't, its time to do a little research...
More details click 'Read More'...
End: Monday, October 17 - 11:59 pm EST
Length of Video: 30 seconds - Entries with as much cardistry within 30 seconds is a plus. Try to avoid too much fancy editing, effects and establishing shots. We're looking for pure cardistry.
Number of Winners: 3 Winners - 1st, 2nd & 3rd places
1st Place - 1 brick (12 decks), 1 uncut sheet, and 1 printed canvas of the Joker.
2nd Place - 3 Mana Decks
3rd Place - 1 Mana Deck
Where to post: www.facebook.com/themanadeck or email to contest@ manaplayingcards.com
Video Credit: Entrants must put their first name and last name initial and "Oracle Cut Contest" at the beginning of the video...EXAMPLE: "John X. : Oracle Cut Contest".
1. CONSENT & COPYRIGHT
Entrant's name must be on the video. The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright. Entrants must not infringe on the privacy rights, copyright or other rights of any person. Any infringement from any submitted video is assumed by the entrant and takes full responsibility. By submitting your video, you are giving Mana Playing Cards permission to post and display your video to the public for promotional purposes only. The author will be credited as often as possible.
2. The Oracle Cut must be in the middle of the flourish.
3. Hold the Oracle Cut display for at least 1 full second before transitioning into another flourish.
4. You can use existing flourishes, but originality is a plus.
5. We are looking at fluidity of the sequence in and out of the Oracle Cut.
6. Video quality is important! You don't need a DSLR or an HD camera, but please don't give us something recorded off a cheap phone camera either. Find a good quality camera and use it.
7. Be creative!! Again, don't wast too much time on editing effects, fancy titles or establishing shots. We're looking for pure cardistry!
8. You can use any music that you feel is best suited for your flourish sequence.
Erik Mana - Magician, Cardist and creator of the Oracle Cut.
Jeff Lianza - Card Mechanic, Cardist and personal student of Daniel Madison.
Chris Whitmer - Cardist and brainchild of the awesome website TheCardist.net.
Shade - Magician, Cardist and Card Mechanic featured in the Red Artifice trailer by Ellusionist.
You have two weeks to give us your best! Have fun and good luck!! :)